When Does Outsourcing Make Sense?
Outsourcing makes sense for any business where resources are scarce, or where the workload or job specification does not justify a full-time employee. For larger companies with in-house resources, it's often necessary to outsource specialized support.
In keeping with our flexible, customer-centred approach, we manage the entire network, or part of it, in consultation with the client.
(To avoid any confusion - by outsourcing, we mean using a consulting service rather than full-time staff - not moving the job offshore!)
Benefits of full outsourcing:
- A team of highly-skilled technical staff for less than the cost of a junior in-house employee
- A far wider and deeper skills set than could be offered by most individuals
- No need to pay for vacations, sick leave or stress leave
- No payroll expenses
- No need to train or supervise staff
- No severance pay
Benefits of partial outsourcing:
- Specialized resources avaiable for complex problems or special projects
- Trusted resources are available if in-house staff are sick or on vacation
- Streamlined co-management through TaskFire®
As of May 2009, we're delighted to be able to offer TaskFire by Autotask to our clients. TaskFire is a co-management tool that allows our resources to work on the same tickets as in-house client employees, in a streamlined, transparent way. Tickets can be escalated easily and passed back and forth, creating a virtual environment within which we work as a team with the client's in-house staff.